Summer break is just around the corner, but don’t let the nice weather distract you from your classwork! Will a few weeks remaining, it’s important to keep at studying, complete all assignments and prepare for finals. That in mind, here are some last minute tips you should consider:
1) Tutoring services are usually available days and evenings; check your college advisement office and academic department to investigate tutoring options.
2) If there isn’t a tutor listed for the subject/class you need assistance with, stop by the tutoring center and ask if one is available. As for writing assistance, tutors are usually available throughout the day – just stop by a tutoring center. Also remember, Academic Mentors/tutors can assist you with learning better ways to study in addition to helping you understand content. Most of those that go to tutoring are the students getting A’s and B’s in classes.
3) Ask your professor for a study guide for the final exam. If the professor doesn’t provide one, create your own based on class assignments, readings and lectures (and then show it to the professor to see what she/he thinks of your study guide).
4) Start a study group if you don’t have one already for a class that you are struggling in (you should have a study group for every class even when you are doing well).
5) Start studying for final exams today if you haven’t already!!!!! It is easier to retain class material if you study early and repeatedly.
6) See me a counselor in the counseling center to address any test anxiety you are facing. Test anxiety is common amongst students of all ages. We can assist you in managing that stress.
7) Start final papers as early as possible. Work on developing a solid thesis statement to guide your efforts and ask your professor to check it over to make certain you are on track!