For college students, the winter break is an important part of college success! Why? It’s a time to recharge, plain and simple. For those of you taking classes over the winter break or working a lot of hours, it is especially important to find time to hang out with friends, go to the movies… do something that is relaxing. Failing to take advantage of this break will make it difficult for you to get through the coming Spring semester. My recommendation? Find an activity that relaxes you and find time for that activity every week over the break. Want some ideas? Personally, reading has always been a favorite way to relax for me. Do you want more specific ideas? Try these:
* Reread a novel you really loved
* Read a biography of a historical figure you respected
* Read a historical fiction novel set in a time period or location you love learning about
* Read a new novel from one of your favorite authors
* Pick a book with your friends to read and then meet weekly to discuss the chapters as you read them (make a book club)
Best wishes to everyone for a great, relaxing break!